Table of contents
When you log into the student portal, the course catalogue the bank details app or to book modules, after the Microsoft login the Active Directory (AD) login screen will appear (fig.1). Log in using your UZH short name and your Active Directory (AD) password. Confirm your login by using your multifactor authentication.
Check your password
To avoid access issues when enrolling for the semester or booking your modules, we strongly recommend that you check your password and if necessary change it in advance.
- To check your password, please open the following test login page: https://logincheck.uzh.ch/
- Enter your UZH short name and the Active Directory password:
- If the password is correct, you will get a message saying “Is Authenticated: True”. No further steps are necessary in this case.
- If you enter an incorrect password, you will get a message saying “Incorrect user ID or password. Please enter the correct user ID and password, and try again.” Change your password by following the steps in the section below.
Setting or Changing Your Active Directory (AD) Password
You can manage your Active Directory password in the Identity Manager (fig. 2):
- Open the Identity Manager website: https://www.identity.uzh.ch/
- Log in with your UZH short name and Identity Manager password, and select “Change password”
- To change your Active Directory password, please select at least “Active Directory (user ID: <UZH short name>)” and change the password by entering your current Identity Manager password as well as your new password (twice)
- Click “Submit”
Your user ID and password are now ready and you can log into the student portal, the course catalogue, the bank details app and book your modules.
Should you have any questions, please contact our IT Service Desk by e-mail (email@example.com) or on the phone (044 63 43333, Mon to Fri, 8:00am to 6:00pm).