Table of contents
General information about the management scheme change
After the automatic changeover by the ZI, the management scheme can be changed from "Device management" to "App management". Below the migration paths:
Change the management scheme to "App managed" on iOS / iPadOS devices
- In the General Settings, select "Device Management"
- Select the Management Profile "Universität Zürich UZH".
- Im Management Profile den Button "Verwaltung entfernen" auswählen. Für diese Aktion verlangt das Betriebssystem die Eingabe der PIN.
- Confirm the "Remove Management" message with "Remove".
- The device will be showed as "not managed" in the Company Portal.
Change the management scheme to "App managed" on Android devices
- Open the company portal and select the managed device (the device should be marked with an exclamation mark).
- Select the message "You need to update settings on this device".
- Select "RESOLVE".
- On the page "Move to new device management setup" selecht the button "BEGIN".
- Make sure that the device is connected to a network and that all data in the apps have been synchronized (OneDrive, OneNote, etc.) and acknowledge the message with "BEGIN".
- As soon as the "Remove current management" task has been successfully completed, further processing must be canceled by activating the "POSTPONE" button (the cancellation message must be acknowledged).
- The device is now displayed as "not managed" in the company portal.