Without the OneNote 2016 application (only available on Windows operating system, instructions from Microsoft are available at the following link) there is no obvious way to export online notebooks from a "OneDrive for Business" (e.g. from our UZH-OneDrive "OneDrive - Universität Zürich UZH"). Follow the steps below to still create a local copy of the data that you can open with the OneNote 2016 application.
- Log on to your OneDrive in the browser.
- For your OneNote file, click on the three items (context menu) and select "Rename".
Copy the name (Ctrl+C) in the pop-up dialog and cancel.
- Click on any folder. Create a new one if there is none and click it afterwards.
- In the address line of the browser at the very end select the folder name including the preceding "%2F".
- Replace this selected text with a slash (/) followed by pasting the notebook name from the clipboard (Ctrl+V) and another slash (/).
Then press the Enter key so that the page is loaded.
- Click on the "folder" name so that the file actions (download, delete, etc.) appear in the grey bar above.
- Select the entire content and download it.
- Since you had selected several elements, they are packed into a ZIP file and downloaded. The files within that ZIP file can be opened locally in OneNote 2016.