Cast or Tube?
In order to make your videos available to students via OLAT, protected websites or links, you have to upload them to a video platform first. You have the choice between SWITCHcast and SWITCHtube.
Cast (in combination with OLAT course):
+ easy integration into OLAT (one-time integration of the entire series)
+ secure: only students enrolled in the OLAT course can watch the videos
- studens of faculties without OLAT Campus courses (MeF, VSF, RWF) have to enroll in the OLAT course
Tube (with or without OLAT course):
+ easier to use than Cast
+ no OLAT course necessary
- insecure: everyone who has the link can watch the videos
- mail addresses of students must be known
- when integrated into OLAT: all videos have to be integrated individually
Use the existing series in SWITCHcast if you had already started recording in the lecture hall.
For uploading to SWITCHcast, see Uploading a SWITCHcast Video Recording (German only).
Applying for rights for SWITCHtube
Applying for rights for SWITCHcast
Please use the request form, choose the service "Veranstaltungsaufzeichnungen (Podcast)" and click "weiter".
When filling in the request form, please note the following (cf. screenshot):
- Veranstaltungsnummer ("event number"): «Einzelveranstaltung ohne Veranstaltungsnummer» ("single event without event number")
- Gebäude + Raum ("building and room"): «Raumzuteilung durch die Hörsaaldisposition ist noch nicht erfolgt» ("no room allocation so far"), which means you will not have to select anything.
Inputs (required by system):
- Datum + Startzeit der ersten Veranstaltung ("date and starting time of first event"): Next day
- Datum + Endzeit der letzten Veranstaltung ("date and ending time of last event"): Day after next
- Bemerkungen ("remarks"): Upload only (or "Nur Upload")
- Click «Weiter» and fill in the remaining information.
All videos uploaded to SWITCHcast must be published individually on SWITCHcast in order to be visible.
The default publication setting on SWITCHcast is LMS (=OLAT). Change this setting if you wish to make the videos available via a website or a link.