We currently use OLAT as our main exam software for remote exams. OLAT is browser-based, i.e. students only need a current version of Firefox or Google Chrome.
For security reasons, online exams are not prepared and conducted in the regular LMS. Instead, we use specially tailored OLAT e-assessment instances.
In the current situation OLAT can only carry out "open book exams". This means that students
- must have their own/personal computer and Internet access as prerequisites (cell phones are not recommended because of the small display),
- must have a current version of Firefox or Chrome installed on their computer,
- cannot be monitored by camera or microphone
- are able to use all the tools at their disposal
- can lose all local documents in case of technical problems with their computer (including Word documents, calculations with Excel, programming tasks with Python)
- cannot be checked for their true identity despite a login authentication
- are able to document the questions and to pass them on to others.