Table of contents
- Link to the course catalogue
- Link to the course catalogue archive
- Print lists
- Displayed semesters
- Update of the data
- English course catalogue
- English courses
- German terms in the English course catalogue
- English terms in the German course catalogue
- Sorting criteria
- Rooms for events are not displayed
- Contact for questions
- Search in the course catalogue
- Limiting the number of search results
- Definition of several filter criteria
- Sorting the search results
- Error message during login for employees
- Change the name of the organizational unit/institute offering the service
- How is the associated faculty determined for instructors?
- Which e-mail address is displayed for instructors in the VVZ?
- Change link of the offering organizational unit / institute
- Link for semester-neutral selection of objects
- Integration of the course catalogue into UZH CMS websites
- Link for direct access to an object does not work
Link to the course catalogue archive
Why can't I print lists or create PDF files in the new course catalogue?
The list functions and exports are not available in the new course catalogue.
Which semesters are displayed?
The past seven and current semesters are displayed. In addition, the future semester is displayed from October for the spring semester and from April for the autumn semester.
Update of the data
How current is the data?
The data is updated hourly.
English course catalogue
Is there also an English version of the course catalogue?
Yes. The course catalogue can be seen in German or English. The language can be selected in the top right-hand corner.
How do I find courses in English?
In the search for courses, you can search for English courses in two different ways.
Language: = English
- events are listed where at least part of the lecture is held in English.
Checkbox / Course features: Suitable for English speakers
- Only events held exclusively in English will be listed.
German terms in the English course catalogue
Why do German terms appear in the English course catalogue?
The UZH is currently translating the German texts. Where this has not yet been done, the English version will show the German texts.
English terms in the German course catalogue
Why do English terms appear in the German course catalogue?
There are institutions at the UZH that offer their courses exclusively in English. Here the texts are also displayed in English in the German version.
According to which criteria are the data sorted?
As a rule, data is sorted alphabetically.
Rooms for events are not displayed
No rooms are displayed for the events. Why?
The rooms for a business event are only displayed from about two weeks before the start of the lecture.
Contact for questions
Search in the course catalogue
How can I search the course catalogue?
You can search for study programmes, modules, events or lecturers. It is important to note that the four search areas are completely independent of each other. This means that the search criteria entered in one search area are not transferred to the other search areas.
Limiting the number of search results
How can I specifically limit the amount of my search results?
Depending on the type of your search, you will find different predefined filter areas with which you can limit the number of hits.
Definition of several filter criteria
Can I also define several filter criteria?
A selected criterion is applied directly to the search result and appears as a deselectable element. The selected filter criteria work logically as "and" filters.
Can I influence how or where the entered search term is applied?
When searching for a term, you can select from the corresponding drop-down menu to which field this term should be applied.
Sorting the search results
Can the search results be sorted?
In the display of the search results, the columns with double arrows can be sorted individually.
Error message during login for employees
Change the name of the organizational unit/institute offering the service
How is the associated faculty determined for instructors?
Question: How is the associated faculty determined for instructors?
Answer: The faculty is not read from the employment, as is often wrongly assumed, but from the subject area that is recorded for each instructor in the personnel file by the Human Resources department.
Which e-mail address is displayed for instructors in the VVZ?
Question: Which e-mail address is displayed for instructors in the VVZ?
Answer: The main e-mail address is always displayed, which consists of all the first and last names stored in the personnel master.
UZH e-mail aliases or external e-mail addresses cannot be displayed.
Change link of the offering organizational unit / institute
Link for semester-neutral selection of objects
How do I create a link to an object that does not have to be adapted every semester?
The link must be built as follows:
xx = object type (P = person, SC = study programme, CG = study programme, SM = module)
yyyyyyy = object number (8 digits)
For the object SM (study modules) applies additionally:
1. if the SM is available in the default semester, the default semester is displayed, if it is not available in the default semester then 2.
2. it is checked if the SM is available in the already publicly published following semester, if yes then the following semester is displayed (default semester plus 1), if it is not available in the following semester or the following semester is not yet public then 3. the following semester is displayed.
3. it is checked if the SM is available in the public published pre-semester, if yes then the pre-semester is displayed (default semester minus 1), if it is not available in the pre-semester or the pre-semester is not public then 4.
4. error page that the page is not found
Integration of the course catalogue into UZH CMS websites
Link for direct access to an object does not work
Question: Why does the following link I copied from the address bar not work?
Answer: Depending on how you got to this page, this link may not be reusable, as the call history is not available for this purpose when you call it again.
If it says /list/ in it, this will not work.
Instead, the link must be structured as follows:
ll = language (DE = German, EN = English)
aaaa = academic year (e.g. 2017)
ppp = academic period (003 = autumn semester, 004 = spring semester)
xx = object type (P = person, SC = study programme, CG = graduate school program, SM = module)
yyyyyyy = object number (8 digits)