The Telephony Group is responsible for the planning, procurement, and operation of the university's voice communication networks. It is responsible for the internal and external telephone directories.
- Operation and maintenance of the telephone systems
- Modifications, relocations, and new installation of telephone equipment
- Accounting of telephone costs
- Maintenance of internal and external telephone directories
- Consulting, training, and hotline for users
- Evaluation, planning, and procurement of systems and equipment
The services are provided for university members, institutes, and other departments.
The Telephony Division is part of the Infrastructure division of Central IT.
Cooperation with Other University Departments
Due to the geographical spread of users and the large number of connections, end user support can only be provided in collaboration with competent, decentralized partners:
- TELECOM DELEGATES IN THE INSTITUTES AND ADMINISTRATION
For modifications and operating issues, the Telecom Delegates act as the interface to the users. The aim is to ensure that all user queries reach the Telephony division via the Delegates.
- OPERATING SERVICES OF THE UNIVERSITY
In the event of a malfunction, Technical Services provides the first intervention and handles smaller relocations and modifications independently.
The Telephony division ensures a comprehensive, modern basic supply of fixed and mobile communications for university members.