This manual describes the access procedure to the Citrix EQP environment via Citrix Workspace App from Windows systems which are operated as Managed Client by the central IT department or the connected organizational units.
The access is set up in two steps:
Table of contents
1. Installation of the Citrix Workspace App
The installation of the Citrix Workspace App is done via the Software Center.
Click Software Center in the start menu.
Select Frontends as filter and click on Workspace.
Click on INSTALL.
Once the installation is complete, the Citrix Workspace App can be started via the Start menu, whereby a login is required. Use your Active Directory account (Short Name) for this purpose.
Then the Workspace window appears.
2. Adding Citrix desktops to the workspace
A click on the plus sign on the left opens the corresponding menu, which displays all Citrix desktops that the logged-in user is authorized to use.
These can be selected with one click, whereupon the corresponding icon appears on the workspace window.
Citrix remembers the selected applications and will present them directly there in the future, regardless of which device you are logged on to.
The desktops subscribed to in this way are also anchored in the start menu and can be started directly from there in future.
- Since the Citrix Workspace App is preconfigured for our managed clients, it is not necessary to configure access.
- If the Citrix EQP environment is to be accessed from devices outside the UZH network, VPN must be used.
- If a Citrix Receiver or Citrix Workspace App has already been installed on the workstation, it must be uninstalled beforehand. Afterwards:
- All directories named Citrix or ICAClient must be deleted.
- In the registry all entries, that can be associated with the Citrix Receiver or the Citrix Workspace App, must be deleted.
- Since our Managed Clients are always members of the domain d.uzh.ch and therefore automatically receive the root certificate of our Windows environment, it is not necessary to install the root certificate of our Windows environment manually.