Table of contents
- Where can I find more information about Citrix?
- Password forgotten / Change password
- Integrating a new printer in Citrix
- Where can I find the snipping tool?
- Set default printer / prevent automatic start of the pdf creator
- Request a new Citrix account
- Show "Computer (My Computer)" and "User files" on the desktop
- Download files to local computer
- Download of files to local computer is not possible
- Change character set on Mac
- Save in Excel not possible / "Save as" button missing in Excel
- Systems offered in SAP Logon
- Select SAP logon theme
- Display and sort keys in drop-down lists
- This app has been locked by the system administrator
- XenDesktop toolbar
- Set task bar
- Show desktop
- Pinning programs to the taskbar
- Switch Word field functions on/off
- Change overwrite / insert mode in SAP
Where can I find more information about Citrix?
Question: Where can I find more information about Citrix?
Answer: Under the following links:
Information from the Citrix team (link www.zi.uzh.ch/en/support/it-workplace/citrixeqp.html)
Password forgotten / Change password
Integrating a new printer in Citrix
Where can I find the snipping tool?
Question: Where can I find the snipping tool?
Answer: Start --> Accessories --> Snipping Tool
Tip: It is best to attach it to the taskbar with the right mouse button the first time you use it, this saves a second search.
Set default printer / prevent automatic start of the pdf creator
Question: What do I do if I want to print to a different printer by default?
Question: As soon as I want to print, the PDF creator is started automatically. How can I change this?
Answer: Please proceed as follows:
- Click on "START" with the right mouse button
- Select Control Panel
- Icon Select printer
- Click with the right mouse button on the desired printer
- Click "Set as default printer" in the pull-down menu
Request a new Citrix account
Question: How can I request a new Citrix account?
Answer: You can find information on this at https://www.zi.uzh.ch/en/staff/Arbeitsplatz-und-Kollaboration/citrixeqp.html.
Show "Computer (My Computer)" and "User files" on the desktop
Question: How can I display the icons for "Computer (My Computer)" and "User Files" on the desktop?
Answer: Start --> Accessories --> Windows Explorer
Tip: Pinning to the taskbar the first time you use it will save you having to search for it the next time.
Download files to local computer
Question: How can I download files to my local computer?
Answer: Citrix routes the local drives of your computer directly through and displays them under Citrix. To display the drives, follow these steps:
- Click on "START" with the right mouse button
- Select Explorer
Download of files to local computer is not possible
Question: Why can't I move files to or from my local computer?
Answer: In order for Citrix to access the local computer, the user must first allow it. This is done as follows:
- Under Citrix, open the XEN desktop toolbar in the top center of the screen
- Open settings
- Activate the read/write rights in the file access tab
Change character set on Mac
Question: Why did the character set change when working with SAP via Citrix client? How can I switch back to the original character set?
Answer: The character set changes when working on a Mac computer and a print screen is made when working in the SAP system via Citrix client (by simultaneously pressing the command and shift keys and the '3' or '4' key).
You can reset the character set by pressing the command and shift keys simultaneously.
Save in Excel not possible / "Save as" button missing in Excel
Question: When I download a list from SAP into Excel, I cannot save it. Why?
Answer: If the start button in Excel is missing, the list cannot be saved. This is the result of the SAP call of the Microsoft Office.
This can be avoided by configuring the toolbar for quick access.
Proceed as follows.
- Start Excel in Citrix: START --> Microsoft Office --> Excel
- Within Excel, select the path File --> Options --> Toolbar for quick access
- Move all desired commands (including Save As) to the right and accept the new configuration with OK
Afterwards, the selected commands are available at any time.
Systems offered in SAP Logon
Question: Where can I find the Q22 in the SAP Logon?
Answer: In the SAP Logon, only the two productive systems P01 (finance, HR, logistics) and P22 (SAP SLCM, parking lot management, university for seniors and address management) are offered as standard.
The complete SAP Logon with all systems (including development or test systems) must be taken from the program list or linked from it again. It can be found under
Start --> SAP Front End --> SAP Logon - All Systems:
Select SAP logon theme
Question: I can't get along with the currently set theme. How can I use the desired theme?
Answer: You can choose from eight different themes:
We recommend the SAP signature theme (without corbu symbols), since all current training material is based on this theme.
Display and sort keys in drop-down lists
For more effective input with the keybord in controls in SAP, the keys can be displayed as drop-down lists and sorted by key. This can also be set in the options of SAP logon under "interaction design".
- In the SAP logon window, click on the icon in the upper left-hand corner and then on "options":
- Click on "interaction design" and then on "visualization 1". Check the two boxes "show keys in drop-down lists" and "sort in drop-down lists by key for more effective keyboard input". Confirm with OK.
- After the change, SAP logon must be restarted.
This app has been locked by the system administrator
Question: When I try to open a PDF, I get the error message "This app has been blocked by the system administrator". How can I open the PDF anyway?
Answer: You have to declare the program (app) Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as standard in your Citrix. This is done as follows:
- Start --> Settings --> System --> Standard apps --> select standard apps by file type
- For file type .pdf select the app Adobe Acrobat Reader DC instead of Adobe Acrobat DC
Question: What can I set in the XenDesktop toolbar?
Answer: The toolbar within Citrix EQP provides various functions:
HOME: The Citrix EQP session is minimized to make the local desktop visible. Clicking on the Citrix Desktop Viewer icon in the taskbar opens it again.
UZH Citrix: Here you can see your started session. If you have started several different sessions, you can switch between them.
Ctrl+Alt+Del: With a click on this button
- you have access to the task manager (here you can see the running/active processes)
- you can log out (programs are closed and the session is terminated)
Settings: Are recommended as follows:
Display: Best resolution
File access: read/write permission
Flash: Do not optimize content
Microphone & Webcam: Do not use microphone & webcam
Window: Here you can choose whether you want to see the Citrix session in full screen mode or as a "window".
Disconnect: You can disconnect the session, leaving all open programs open. When you open the Citrix Receiver again, you will find the session as you left it.
Attention: It is recommended to log off so that profile settings can be saved/reloaded. You can do this with "Ctrl+Alt+Del" as described above or under "Start -> Logout".
Set task bar
Question. Where can I adjust the taskbar settings?
Answer: Right-click on the taskbar and select settings. In this menu you can, among other things, set the grouping of the buttons to "never" or change the position of the taskbar.
Question: How can I close all windows under Citrix and display the desktop?
Answer: Click with the left mouse button on the taskbar and click on "show desktop".
Pinning programs to the taskbar
Question: How can I attach programs to the taskbar?
Answer: Start the program from the start menu. Then right-click on the corresponding icon in the taskbar and select "pin to taskbar".
Switch Word field functions on/off
Question: How can I set Word to display field functions?
Answer: For certain Word documents that are called from SAP, it is useful to have the function "Field functions on/off" in the menu immediately available.
For example, with Word text modules, the function used or the "contents", i.e. the stored text, can be displayed with one click.
The adjustment for this is done via File --> Options --> "Toolbar for quick access". The function can be found under "All commands". It must be moved from the left to the right side with the button "Add".
Change overwrite / insert mode in SAP
Question: How can I switch between insert and overwrite mode in SAP?
Answer: By clicking on the button with the name OVR or INS in the lower right corner of the SAP GUI.