What is eduroam?
eduroam (education roaming) is a secure, worldwide Internet access for the international research and university world.
With eduroam, students, researchers and employees of universities using eduroam have free internet access at other eduroam-enabled universities.
In an overview of the participating universities they can find out where eduroam is used.
Network connection abroad via eduroam:
- Network name: eduroam
- Authentication: IEEE 802.1X
- Method: EAP-PEAPv0 (EAP-MSCHAPv2)
- Encryption: WPA2 Enterprise
- When prompted for authentication, use your UZH short name (e.g. UZH Shortname@uzh.ch). This request only comes the first time, the connection will be established automatically for subsequent network calls.
- Log in with UZH Shortname / WLAN password and realm "@uzh.ch
- e.g. UZH Shortname@uzh.ch