Service and Support for Science IT (S3IT) supports UZH researchers in using IT to empower their research and serves as a center of expertise for scientific computing and application engineering.
- S3IT provides:
- Support and consulting for the advanced use of IT in science.
- Research software development and research informatics support.
- Access to a competitive IT infrastructure.
- Support for the use of open source software for simulation and data analysis.
- Project management and collaboration.
- Training and education in the usage of S3IT's infrastructure and software.
- S3IT partners in research projects with a clear focus on support and enabling IT technologies for science, seeking close cooperation with local IT support experts within the research groups.
- S3IT strengthens the collaborations with local, national, and international bodies/networks and represents the UZH within these institutions as necessary.